Friday, April 8, 2011

Wk 2 Peer Response II


Danette says:
I received my first record player when I was five. Eight track tapes came out shortly after that. The first eight track that I remember was the Beach Boys. Growing up in Florida, it was always on when we were headed to the beach for the day. By the time I was in middle school cassettes were hitting the stores. Sony Walkman was on every teenager’s wish list. Then came the CD. Prices were high. Again, everyone had to change the machines to play the tunes, another added cost. I feel blessed to grow up in such a great music time period. Many transitions and diversity.
Danette,
I too remember the 8 track tapes. It seems as if they really didn’t last too long. Then the cassette tapes came out. Use to hate it when the tape would stick inside of the player and then I would have to wind it all up again and hope that that piece of the tape would not sound distorted. Most of the time some damage would occur. Of course this also happened with VHS tapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment