Saturday, September 25, 2010

Week 4: SQL Essential Training cont.



This is not as interesting as I thought it would be. I actually nodded off a few times while watching the tutorial. I don’t think I would enjoy this end of technology. Media design is far more interesting and fun. Much more creative.

Well this time around I learned how to view data in upper and lower case letters. Some of what I am learning reminds me much of excel. There are numeric functions and other types of functions. Actually of all the Microsoft Office programs I am less experienced in Microsoft Excel. I should have chosen to view that tutorial instead. For some reason Microsoft Excel is one of those programs that are used more in business than in teaching. Yes, I know that spreadsheets can be created and many other different documents with Excel but I have always found another program to use.
I think I would need more hands on experience with this program to really figure it out. The exercise files on this tutorial were not that useful. It’s more about practice. Just like everything else that is learned.

This time I learned about the CRUD (create, read, update, delete) application. The purpose of the CRUD application was to see how the SQL was used to perform all of the data base function. The functions of CRUD are exactly as stated. There is data created, updated, deleted, and made to read in different tables. There is a code that makes up the CRUD application

Overall SQL provides a way to input data and create tables. Knowledge of all the functions is essential in inputting the data.


No comments:

Post a Comment